Change in Business

A change to the registered business office address can be required due to various reasons. Moving your business to another place is not a small task. You need to notify the proper authorities--namely the Internal Revenue Service. The IRS provides several ways for small business owners to facilitate a change of address. In addition, you can request a change of address from the United States Postal Service (USPS) as the IRS, along with other government agencies, looks to the USPS to verify address information.

The registered office of a Company or LLP can be changed within the local limits of any city, town or village where such office is situated by just giving a notice to the concerned Registrar within 30 days after the date of the change. But a special resolution will be required if the change of the registered office is from one village, town, etc., in the same state. Where the place of registered offices is to be altered from one State to another State, the Company or LLP may do so by passing special resolution and getting confirmation of the Company Law Board. The Company or LLP is also required to give an advertisement in the newspapers indicating the change proposed to be made and also a notice is to be given to the State Government when it is proposed to transfer the registered office from one State to another.